Michael Bartul

Michael Bartul is one of those people mentioned in some websites as someone who made it past the American Idol auditions, and was able to go to Hollywood. For him though, this wasn't the first time that happened. Way back in Season 5 of American Idol, Michael was one of the contestants who got one of those yellow slips of paper as well. Unfortunately, his trip to Hollywood didn't quite work out the way he wanted it to. He made it to Hollywood, but he didn't make it past there, to where the viewers at home would have gotten a chance to vote on whether or not he would stay or go.

Now, if I was a little bit less lazy, I would probably dig up some of that Season 5 backstory, find out exactly who this fellow is (his name really doesn't strike any bells at all, even if it is unique), maybe grab a photo or two, or a video or two (assuming they exist), and come back with a more detailed analysis of why exactly his first trip to Hollywood didn't end so well. But I just don't feel like it right now. Maybe I'll get around to that in the next post.

It seems that Michael Bartul is 26 years old. His audition took place in Glendale, Arizona, and for his audition, he sang Escape by Enrique Iglesias. I actually like that song, so I look forward to seeing his audition for myself. Seems like it could be a difficult song to sing, but hey, what do I know? I'm not much of a singer myself.

Doesn't seem like there's much information on Michael Bartul out there, in cyberspace. Unlike many other contestants, he doesn't have a MySpace profile of his own. He doesn't appear to be in a band. Neither does he appear to yet have an album out. I wonder what he's been doing since Season 5?

Well, hopefully he'll have a better run this time around. Again, I can't remember him at all from the previous season so I'll be looking forward to the audition videos when they come out on Fox. I have a feeling that it'll be pointed out to the American Idol judges that it's this guy's second time around (unlesss they remember him themselves of course) so they'll probably ask him a question or two about what he's been doing since his last try. Did he work on his voice? His singing? His charisma maybe? And why didn't he give Season 6 a try? Actually, I get the sense that as these seasons pass, the contestants get better and better so the competition is fiercer. We'll see how he fares against this season's competition.

So that's Michael Bartul for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment